Enroll in ashram training program in India by 2023
Get into the roots of the yoga
Would you like to develop yourself personally and at the same time create new professional perspectives? Would you like to get to know life in a traditional ashram in India? Be enchanted by the mind-bending atmosphere of this wonderful country? Be very close to the roots of yoga? Draw from the source?
Then you are exactly right with us! In cooperation with Yoga Vidya Gurukul, founded in 1978 by Yogacharya Dr Vishwas Mandlik as a non-profit organization, the Yoga Atelier Bonn offers a 200 hour yoga teacher training. The yoga teacher training is particularly characterized by the following styles: Ashtanga (Patanjali) Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga.
Yoga Vidya Gurukul has been offering yoga teacher training since 1983. With more than 300,000 yoga students around the world.
Our yoga teacher training follows a holistic approach that illuminates all aspects of the yogic way of life. Both the ancient teachings and the experience of Ashram life have a profoundly transformative effect. The program is suitable for both beginners and long-term practitioners. It can be the start of a wonderful journey to becoming a yoga teacher. Teaching methods and a deeper, scientific understanding of yoga methods such as asana, pranayama, meditation and the yogic way of life are communicated in an accessible manner.
The most important details at a glance
Everything you need to know
about the training
The asanas (yoga postures) are only one aspect of the yoga tradition. It is this one aspect in particular that has gained the most practitioners in the West. However, there is much more to discover. Our yoga teacher training gives you the opportunity to learn all aspects of yoga. You will experience how yoga is really meant and what yoga can actually be for you! To realize the complete wealth of yoga knowledge is almost impossible, because the knowledge is infinite and constantly increasing. Above all, we will present you the versatility of yoga methods, so that you can decide for yourself which method should enrich your life.
You should be physically and mentally healthy, but you do not necessarily need previous yoga experience. You should be at least 18 years old. Our yoga teacher training is not about yoga holidays or just practising the asanas – it is not a retreat! You should be willing to work on yourself. You should only enrol if you are willing to follow the rules of the ashram.
- 10-12 days kick-off yoga teacher training at Yogapoint in Gurukul Ashram India
- February 2023 (exact times soon)
- February 2023 (exact times soon)
- 5 weekends yoga teacher training in Bonn (Saturday and Sunday) in the Yoga Atelier Bonn (times are subject to change)
- 02/25 / 02/26/2023
- 03/18 / 03/19/2023
- 01.04. / 01.04.2023
- 04/22 / 04/23/2023
- 06.05. / 07.05.2023
- Technique training in asanas, pranayama, mudra, bandhas, kriyas/cleansing methods, chanting, mantra & meditation
- Yoga Philosophy – Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga (Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyan & Samadhi), Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Karma Yoga (Bhagvad Gita), Kundalini & Chakras, Nadis.
- Anatomy & Physiology – Basic knowledge of various body systems, functioning of organs and other systems affected by yoga practice, health-promoting yoga techniques, precautions and contraindications.
- Yogic way of life – methods of application, yoga for back problems, obesity, heart problems, diabetes, stress, problems with the digestive tract, prenatal yoga, yoga psychology etc.
- Sanskrit training includes chanting , mantra, asana, pranayama and other yoga expressions.
- Yoga teaching methods include lesson planning, injury prevention, alignment principles in yoga postures, teaching yoga principles, assisting, correcting, encouraging, nurturing, ethical guidelines
- Ayurveda – Introduction to Ayurveda (Indian traditional science about a healthy lifestyle)
- Preparatory exercises : more than 30 preparatory exercises to warm up the body (muscles, ligaments, tendons, fascia, etc.). Preparing for the asanas is important to prevent injuries
- Yoga Positions / Asanas – the program includes learning 90 different yoga positions, starting with beginner positions, through intermediate positions to a few advanced positions.
- Pranayama – Deep Breathing, Rapid Breathing, Alternate Breathing (Anuloma Viloma), Surya Bhedan, Bastrika. Bhramari, Ujjayi, Shitali, Sitkari
- Meditation – Chakra Meditation, Prana Meditation, So Ham Meditation, Mantra Meditation and Revitalizing Meditation.
- Surya Namaskar / Sun Salutation – a dynamic series of yoga postures to revitalize the body and mind (Beginner Series, Intermediate Series and Advanced Series)
- Purification Methods – Jalaneti, Kapalbhati, Tratak, Vaman
- Ashtanga Yoga – Yam and Niyama, Asana or Yoga Positions, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyan & Samadhi (Meditation Ashtanga Yoga).
- Hatha Yoga – History, Philosophy, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Purification Methods
- Various yoga styles (Karma Yoga / Bhagwad Gita, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Swara Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Chakra).
- Ayurveda – Introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurveda types (Doshas), Ayurvedic nutrition
- Yogic way of life
- Anatomy & Physiology – Basic knowledge of the different body systems
- Injury Prevention, Alignment Principles
Meet the Yoga Teacher Trainers
Pressiana Petia Vishuddi
I am the founder of Corsica Yoga on the French island of Corsica, Yoga and Ayurvedic Therapist, Reiki Master and Sannyasin in the Satyananda Yoga Tradition/ Bihar School of Yoga.
I will lead the training and competently guide all participants through the learning processes. I am an official representative of Yoga Point.
– Yoga Teacher Training Course 500 hrs
– Yoga Therapy Training Program 500 hrs
– Yoga Psychology & Philosophy Program 100 hrs
– Pre- & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training 100 hrs
– Yoga Teacher Training Course for Kids 100 hrs
– Advance Yogic Studies 250 hrs
My yoga journey began quite unspectacularly in a nearby gym. Yogalates (a mix of yoga and Pilates) is what my first class was called. From the beginning of my yoga practice I felt the power behind it and what this wonderful tradition can do for me.
I started practicing at home. In the small village in Holland where I was studying, yoga wasn’t that popular.
– Hatha Yoga Teacher Training 500 hrs (Sivananda Tradition)
– Yin Yoga 50 hrs (Sylvia Stuck Avoyoga)
– Aerial Yoga 50 hrs (Aerial Yoga Berlin)
– NLP Master (Power Research Seminare Bonn)
– PSYCHEDELIC BREATH® (Eva Kazcor Berlin)
– Forest Bathing Indian Balance Nature (Forest Bathing Academy)
The program is recognized by
Government of Maharashtra
(Under Government of India)
Indian Air Force
(Air force division of India army, under Government of India)
Department of Ayush
(Under Yoga Department, Government of India)
Kavi Kalidas Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Nagpur
(Government of Maharashtra University)
What our trainees say
Get to know our services
Start a free trial session and get to know our method.
Click on the video to watch the class.
Would you like to sign up for a yoga class? Here you can see the available classes and schedules.